Thursday, March 11, 2010

Woh! Achusuto

My lil one is Achusuto.

The brave Japanese martial expert. He can pound a dozen bricks with ease and lift the heaviest rock in a jiffy and still skillfully dance as light as a feather.

The Day : Annual Day @ Bhavan's

Behind the scenes : The hunt for the 'proper' Kimono ended when M (Achu's classmate N's mom) called me and let me know there was one shop jus a few blocks away from office which had 'the' Kimono. Thanks M. We went for a trial , gave in measurements for alteration and booked the suit. Actually M had booked for red and I thought I will book another color but then after a bit of confusion on my side and his the owner confirmed that I could only have a red Kimono. And I submissively agreed. Grrrrrr!

On D Day: Achu had to be dropped off at school at 4.15pm so he couldn't have his usual afternoon siesta. Initially he didn't show much interest in dressing up causing a slight level of panic ...who panics?...me of course :)......Then he finally agreed to be the good boy he normally is and got ready very fast. Clicked a few snaps in Ammamma's garden then left to school. I had to go drop Achu and catch a seat for M who was getting the camera ready for the event.

The dance: The theme of the day was 'Seasons'. We wondered how a Japanese dance would fit into any of the seasons we have. We waited.....enjoyed the colours of the seasons ...with kids dressed as daisies , butterflies, animals, santa claus, snow men. They danced into our hearts. But my mind spelt" When does my child perform?....Don't know what he is upto?...is he crying?...he missed his nap....he only had one lil glass of milk..he must be hungry...why do they have to have his dance at the end???

   And then he came ...Achusuto, in all his grandeur...he swiftly moved across and swished his fan with tremendous speed ...and ...and ..and it was over....that's it?....Was a short performance ...but a cute one :)..Did M get the whole video? ...yes he did but without the audio on :(..There were more performances....all of them so ethusiastic...The wait didn't cause any kind of discomfort!....It was a lovely show. Witnessed a lot of proud parents and grandparents kissing and blessing their lil ones for their outstanding performance...For us it was a huggy buggy moment :)