Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Live and Let Live

Achu was having his dose of noodles. I was giving him company. We have our most educative lectures over maggi. And so....

Me: Achu what's a Non-living thing ?
Achu: Don't know ...tellme ...slurp! slurp!
Me: slurp! slurp!...listen things without life...that don't move...that can't breathe...that don't grow are non- living things....for example...chair....and living things are the things that do any or all of the above...sheriya?
Achu: slurp...hmmmmm..ok
Me: TV?
Achu: Non-living
Me: Plants?
Achu: hmmm Living ?
Me: slurp....gooood...what about a car?
Achu: Non slurp! living...amma give me the sauce....
Me: Here you go....ok now you tell me the non-living things around you....
Achu: Noodles......phone....fan.....slurp....
Me: ok good... tell me now...what about Appuppa?
Achu:.....oh that's easy....Living....dha kandhiley ingotum angotum ponne speedilu!( See how fast he is going here and there)
Me: Sheri now tell me some living things...slurp
Achu: hmmm poocha...ant.....Oh amma amma yeniku innoru Non-living thing ariyam ( I know one more non-living thing)
Me: hmmm tell me tell me..achu don't have the sauce alone.....
Achu: You Amma :):):):):):):)
Me: What achu...why me????????
Achu: Amma oru salathu irinal pinne evadheyum poghulalooooo? ( If you sit in one place you don't move do you?)...I finished my nooodleeeeessss......
Me: huh!!!!!!!!!
( Background: Ammumma and Appuppa have a good laugh...at my expense)

3 comments:

ssb said...

hahahahahah .. ROFL .. Achu knows u better now itself ... Brilliant Kid

Niv said...

so you also like noodles huh!me too!

hubby teases me saying its juvenile to like noodles!

Niv said...

Madam, you gave me the wrong email id, I am unable to send a mail:)
Please mail me at nivedita.sundaram@gmail.com